The Friday quiz, 02.11.12by Toby Manhire
You won’t feel a thing.
1. Which state’s newspaper devoted five articles to the new James Bond film, Skyfall, gushing over the “beautiful Bond girls” and “essential vodka martinis”?
2. What news event is this photo, from Mashable, all about?
3. Which film-maker endorsed Mitt Romney for the presidency because he can “finally put this country back on the path to the zombie apocalypse”?
4. “I wish to offer the people of New York a sincere, humble and unconditional apology. During a natural disaster that threatened the entire city, I made a series of irresponsible and inaccurate tweets.”
Which Twitter user, who sparked Hurricane Sandy rumours that duped mainstream media in the US, made the above statement?
5. Flooding has claimed 148 lives, and an estimated 134,000 people have been forced to abandon their homes. Where?
A N S W E R S
1. Vatican City’s L'Osservatore Romano.
2. Disney’s purchase of LucasFilm, for $4 billion. It was also reported that we're about to be hit on the head with Star Wars Episode 7.
3. Joss Wheldon.
4. @comfortablysmug. More here.
MostReadArticlesCollectionWidget - Most Read - Used in articles
65786 2017-01-11 10:41:07Z World by Bernard Lagan
65592 2017-01-09 09:46:16Z Education by The Conversation
65251 2016-12-21 14:57:39Z Urbanism by Alice Harbourne
AdvertModule - Advert - M-Rec / Halfpage
66228 1/21/2017 9:55:38 AM
66222 1/21/2017 8:55:04 AM
66214 1/20/2017 3:16:05 PM
66212 2017-01-20 15:13:29Z History by Redmer Yska Read more
66199 2017-01-20 13:55:26Z Health by Michelle Duff Read more
65525 2017-01-20 00:00:00Z World by The Conversation Read more