The Friday quiz, 02.11.12by Toby Manhire
You won’t feel a thing.
1. Which state’s newspaper devoted five articles to the new James Bond film, Skyfall, gushing over the “beautiful Bond girls” and “essential vodka martinis”?
2. What news event is this photo, from Mashable, all about?
3. Which film-maker endorsed Mitt Romney for the presidency because he can “finally put this country back on the path to the zombie apocalypse”?
4. “I wish to offer the people of New York a sincere, humble and unconditional apology. During a natural disaster that threatened the entire city, I made a series of irresponsible and inaccurate tweets.”
Which Twitter user, who sparked Hurricane Sandy rumours that duped mainstream media in the US, made the above statement?
5. Flooding has claimed 148 lives, and an estimated 134,000 people have been forced to abandon their homes. Where?
A N S W E R S
1. Vatican City’s L'Osservatore Romano.
2. Disney’s purchase of LucasFilm, for $4 billion. It was also reported that we're about to be hit on the head with Star Wars Episode 7.
3. Joss Wheldon.
4. @comfortablysmug. More here.
A three-course meal inside prison walls proves a rewarding experience for food columnist Lauraine Jacobs.Read more
A court reporter who's covered both of Mark Lundy's High Court trials looks at how the case has evolved, as the Court of Appeal deliberates his fate.Read more
In 25 years of law practice, Mai Chen has helped many women – very often senior employees – who have suffered from sexual harassment.Read more
As odd as it sounds, China’s economic policy is being held hostage by its heavily skewed sex ratio.Read more
A new literary biography takes the measure of poet Allen Curnow, whose work helped define New Zealand’s voice.Read more
As a reality-TV show full of dramatic challenges, this new Labour-led Government has a lot going for it.Read more