The Friday quiz, 03.02.12by Toby Manhire
One of the questions is multiple choice.
2. According to an excitable writer for Mashable, Barack Obama’s appearance was “like a modern day reincarnation of FDR’s fireside chats”. His appearance where?
3. Which author took a swipe at e-books this week, saying:
A screen always feels like we could delete that, change that, move it around. So for a literature-crazed person like me, it’s just not permanent enough
4. The British Advertising Standards Authority upheld a complaint against which website for claiming, among other things, that it provides “reviews you can trust”.
5. A groundbreaking study has shown that users of which type of smartphone are most likely to use their device in the bathroom? (Clue: it’s either Android or BlackBerry or iPhone.)
1. They had tweeted jokingly/euphemistically about wanting to “destroy” America.
2. In a Google+ “hangout”.
3. Jonathan Franzen.
5. Android. “Android users are slightly more likely to use their phones in the bathroom compared to other device owners. About 87% of Android users have used their phone while going to the bathroom compared with 84% of BlackBerry users and 77% of iPhone users.” (Alternative explanation: iPhone users are liars.)
For more than 130 years, lovers of ghost stories have enjoyed talking about one of our most enduring mysteries: the Phantom Canoe of Lake Tarawera.Read more
You need 30g of nuts a day to maximise their health benefits. Here's some tips on how to do it without putting a hole in your wallet.Read more
When Amies moved to Naseby’s old butcher shop 22 years ago, he brought 1200 model cars with him; now he has more than 3000.Read more
As a result of growing concern over the welfare of pugs, British and French bulldogs, Trade Me has announced they're banning the sale of these breeds.Read more
NZ has an unregulated puppy-breeding industry where unscrupulous operators can flourish, so why aren’t we following the lead of overseas governments?Read more