The Friday quiz, 03.02.12by Toby Manhire
One of the questions is multiple choice.
2. According to an excitable writer for Mashable, Barack Obama’s appearance was “like a modern day reincarnation of FDR’s fireside chats”. His appearance where?
3. Which author took a swipe at e-books this week, saying:
A screen always feels like we could delete that, change that, move it around. So for a literature-crazed person like me, it’s just not permanent enough
4. The British Advertising Standards Authority upheld a complaint against which website for claiming, among other things, that it provides “reviews you can trust”.
5. A groundbreaking study has shown that users of which type of smartphone are most likely to use their device in the bathroom? (Clue: it’s either Android or BlackBerry or iPhone.)
1. They had tweeted jokingly/euphemistically about wanting to “destroy” America.
2. In a Google+ “hangout”.
3. Jonathan Franzen.
5. Android. “Android users are slightly more likely to use their phones in the bathroom compared to other device owners. About 87% of Android users have used their phone while going to the bathroom compared with 84% of BlackBerry users and 77% of iPhone users.” (Alternative explanation: iPhone users are liars.)
Should schools be selling chocolate to raise funds? The Health Minister says it's ok, but nutrition experts disagree.Read more
What’s on in Auckland: Crystal Castles, a design and architecture film festival and lots of other excellent events to put in your diaryRead more
As technology changes the way we do business, the effects are extending from the office to most parts of our lives – including how we keep in shape.Read more