The Friday quiz, 12.10.12by Toby Manhire
Vandalism, obscenity and a witch’s hat.
2. Chinese writer Mo Yan won the Nobel prize for literature last night. What does the pen-name “Mo Yan” mean in English?
3. It’s been all about the Rothko vandalism this week. But here’s a different art vandalism story. What’s the missing word?
4. Another missing word(s) question. What two words – you’ve been given the first letters of both, dumbing down, etc – are these, as tweeted by a New York journalist to a Houston radio station?
5. Who wore a witch’s hat to a five-hour meeting with Julian Assange in the London Ecuadorian embassy on Monday?
A N S W E R S
1. Tony Abbott. Julia Gillard. Went viral, etc.
2. Do not speak.
4. Convicted rapist.
5. Lady Gaga.
Growing up immersed in waiata (and the sounds of Bob Marley and Elvis Presley), soul singer Teeks has a voice that gives people shivers.Read more
Wellington’s CentrePort’s “marathon” quake rebuild is led by a chief executive who has lived through the experience before.Read more
We don't want any David Cunliffe cod-bogan attempts to get down with the peeps, but MPs seem to be going way too far in the other direction this year.Read more
Dame Jenny Shipley on being the first woman Prime Minister, plus coups and coalitions, welfare reform and Winston Peters.Read more