The Friday quiz, 18.05.12by Toby Manhire
Aggressive, hostile and antagonistic.
1. The users of what “have become”, in the words of the Wall Street Journal, “the largest unpaid workforce in history”?
2. A "pay to be popular" feature is being tested in New Zealand. But where?
3. “I think it’s kind of silly that it would take the university a couple of years to get around to it. I can do it better than they can, and I can do it in a week.”
Who’s that speaking? And about what? (An extra 20 points if you know when and to whom.)
4. “Everything I do in my personal life, in my professional life, it’s completely there,” said Mr Saverin. What is this Mr Saverin fellow referring to, in an interview with the New York Times on Wednesday?
5. What is this front page headline from the Guardian on Thursday referring to?
3. Mark Clusterberg, or Zuckerberg, or whatever. About Facebook. (Extra 20 points if you knew he was speaking to the Harvard Crimson in 2004).
(Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin – you remember, the sook victim character in The Social Network who is real life is a squillionaire thanks to retaining a serious Facebook stake. Anyway, seems the Singapore resident could now be in trouble with the US tax department. In the interview, he also said this: “People look at my profile and say, ‘You can have all the options.’ But really, everyone does.” Ha! And: “What does this enable me to do? What am I provided with to help? Right now, I don’t know how to deploy the capital and the blessings.”)
5. The cost of a Greek euro exit. If you said the likely cost of a Facebook IPO, lose a billion points and have a lie-down.
MostReadArticlesCollectionWidget - Most Read - Used in articles
63938 2016-12-02 15:22:03Z Psychology by Donna Chisholm
64259 2016-12-07 14:19:38Z Politics by Paperboy
10394 2016-05-17 00:00:00Z Health by Donna Chisholm
AdvertModule - Advert - M-Rec / Halfpage
64192 12/10/2016 12:00:00 AM
64441 12/9/2016 4:26:39 PM
64410 12/9/2016 11:02:47 AM
64396 2016-12-09 10:04:44Z Profiles by Clare de Lore Read more
64342 2016-12-08 14:24:42Z Auckland Eats by Paperboy
What’s new on the Auckland food scene?Read more