The Friday quiz, 19.10.12by Toby Manhire
Kochs, memes, tweets, and Felix.
1. The Koch brothers came under fire this week for telling employees that they all would “face the consequences” if they did not do what?
2. In this “missing word” question, simply identify the missing word from this week's popular meme-thing:
3. Who tweeted the following this week?
I did not say all celebrities were scumbags. Check my tweet. And apology to any who misunderstood.
4. Spell space-jumper Felix’s surname. Spell it.
5. “I’m ashamed of it ... I want to take a bat to it. You can’t do anything with it. You’re supposed to, but it’s all a big lie.” What device, users of which, according to a controversial New York Times article this week, “suffer from shame and public humiliation”, is Rachel Crosby talking about?
A N S W E R S
1. Vote for Mitt Romney.
2. Binder. For context and an interesting counterview to the giggles, read this.
3. Rupert Murdoch. What he had tweeted was:
Told UK's Cameron receiving scumbag celebrities pushing for even more privacy laws. Trust the toffs! Transparency under attack. Bad.
And he apologised for another tweet, about Hugh Grant, this morning.
5. The Blackberry smartphone.
MostReadArticlesCollectionWidget - Most Read - Used in articles
65786 2017-01-11 10:41:07Z World by Bernard Lagan
65592 2017-01-09 09:46:16Z Education by The Conversation
65251 2016-12-21 14:57:39Z Urbanism by Alice Harbourne
AdvertModule - Advert - M-Rec / Halfpage
66228 1/21/2017 9:55:38 AM
66222 1/21/2017 8:55:04 AM
66214 1/20/2017 3:16:05 PM
66212 2017-01-20 15:13:29Z History by Redmer Yska Read more
66199 2017-01-20 13:55:26Z Health by Michelle Duff Read more
65525 2017-01-20 00:00:00Z World by The Conversation Read more