The Friday quiz, 19.10.12by Toby Manhire
Kochs, memes, tweets, and Felix.
1. The Koch brothers came under fire this week for telling employees that they all would “face the consequences” if they did not do what?
2. In this “missing word” question, simply identify the missing word from this week's popular meme-thing:
3. Who tweeted the following this week?
I did not say all celebrities were scumbags. Check my tweet. And apology to any who misunderstood.
4. Spell space-jumper Felix’s surname. Spell it.
5. “I’m ashamed of it ... I want to take a bat to it. You can’t do anything with it. You’re supposed to, but it’s all a big lie.” What device, users of which, according to a controversial New York Times article this week, “suffer from shame and public humiliation”, is Rachel Crosby talking about?
A N S W E R S
1. Vote for Mitt Romney.
2. Binder. For context and an interesting counterview to the giggles, read this.
3. Rupert Murdoch. What he had tweeted was:
Told UK's Cameron receiving scumbag celebrities pushing for even more privacy laws. Trust the toffs! Transparency under attack. Bad.
And he apologised for another tweet, about Hugh Grant, this morning.
5. The Blackberry smartphone.
If shots and surgery and addictive pills don’t relieve back pain, what does? Jules Older talks to the author of a spine medicine exposé.Read more
When it comes to the issue of euthanasia, it’s hardly a face-off between two equal forces as the media likes to frame it.Read more
About four times each season, Kate Grenfell, a "domestic" at Scott Base, books in for a night at the world’s southernmost bach.Read more
It's time for the big powers to get over their great power rivalries when it comes to international disputes in the 21st century. But what can NZ do?Read more
When Holocaust denier David Irving addressed the judge in his libel case as “mein Führer”, expert witness Richard Evans couldn’t believe his ears.Read more