The Friday quiz, 19.10.12by Toby Manhire
Kochs, memes, tweets, and Felix.
1. The Koch brothers came under fire this week for telling employees that they all would “face the consequences” if they did not do what?
2. In this “missing word” question, simply identify the missing word from this week's popular meme-thing:
3. Who tweeted the following this week?
I did not say all celebrities were scumbags. Check my tweet. And apology to any who misunderstood.
4. Spell space-jumper Felix’s surname. Spell it.
5. “I’m ashamed of it ... I want to take a bat to it. You can’t do anything with it. You’re supposed to, but it’s all a big lie.” What device, users of which, according to a controversial New York Times article this week, “suffer from shame and public humiliation”, is Rachel Crosby talking about?
A N S W E R S
1. Vote for Mitt Romney.
2. Binder. For context and an interesting counterview to the giggles, read this.
3. Rupert Murdoch. What he had tweeted was:
Told UK's Cameron receiving scumbag celebrities pushing for even more privacy laws. Trust the toffs! Transparency under attack. Bad.
And he apologised for another tweet, about Hugh Grant, this morning.
5. The Blackberry smartphone.
Fears of rent rises saw a plan to boost to the accommodation supplement shelved two years ago. But it's been resurrected.Read more
A 19-year-old woman is left for dead in Dome valley.Read more
Athena Drummond hates the term “junior doctor”. It implies she is inexperienced, with “limited responsibility”. We think she has a point.Read more
The only times Trump’s presidency has not depressed me are those occasions when I have thought I was reading satire and laughed at its cleverness.Read more
Best-known for her film Bend it Like Beckham, Chadha has focused on the mass displacement that happened when the British abandoned India.Read more
With users and recipes by the millions, it's not surprising what social media can do.Read more