The Friday quiz, 23.11.12by Toby Manhire
None of the answers is David.
1. Lawyers for Lord McAlpine, who was wrongly accused of being a paedophile recently, have sent a letter to the hundreds of Twitter users who libelled him. Most are being asked to make a small donation to charity, but those who have more than how many followers are expected to face a steeper claim for damages?
2. This man is on a bus in which city?
3. What new record did this photo, from November 7, set?
4. Who cracked a turkey-and-statistics-based joke this week, saying, “Once again, Nate Silver completely nailed it. The guy’s amazing. He predicted these guys would win.”
5. “With the stir-crazy hacks piling into the free alcohol and wondering how they would get a story, it was perhaps inevitable that they would start chanting, 'Just one quote!', while one of them stripped naked and streaked through the plane.” That describes just one part of events aboard a promotional junket for which singer?
A N S W E R S
2. Melbourne. He unleashed a torrent of racial abuse that was captured on video and posted online, attracting hundreds of thousands of views.
3. The most retweeted (or shared, or liked) photograph of all time. It’s currently sitting at about 818,000 retweets.
4. Barack Obama.
MostReadArticlesCollectionWidget - Most Read - Used in articles
65831 2017-01-11 16:05:11Z Health by Nicky Pellegrino
65592 2017-01-09 09:46:16Z Education by The Conversation
65251 2016-12-21 14:57:39Z Urbanism by Alice Harbourne
AdvertModule - Advert - M-Rec / Halfpage
66214 1/20/2017 3:16:05 PM
65525 1/20/2017 12:00:00 AM
66159 2017-01-19 09:16:27Z World by The Conversation Read more
65731 2017-01-19 00:00:00Z Social issues by Jenny Nicholls Read more
66153 2017-01-18 15:45:17Z Economy by RNZ Read more