The Friday quiz, 23.11.12by Toby Manhire
None of the answers is David.
1. Lawyers for Lord McAlpine, who was wrongly accused of being a paedophile recently, have sent a letter to the hundreds of Twitter users who libelled him. Most are being asked to make a small donation to charity, but those who have more than how many followers are expected to face a steeper claim for damages?
2. This man is on a bus in which city?
3. What new record did this photo, from November 7, set?
4. Who cracked a turkey-and-statistics-based joke this week, saying, “Once again, Nate Silver completely nailed it. The guy’s amazing. He predicted these guys would win.”
5. “With the stir-crazy hacks piling into the free alcohol and wondering how they would get a story, it was perhaps inevitable that they would start chanting, 'Just one quote!', while one of them stripped naked and streaked through the plane.” That describes just one part of events aboard a promotional junket for which singer?
A N S W E R S
2. Melbourne. He unleashed a torrent of racial abuse that was captured on video and posted online, attracting hundreds of thousands of views.
3. The most retweeted (or shared, or liked) photograph of all time. It’s currently sitting at about 818,000 retweets.
4. Barack Obama.
MostReadArticlesCollectionWidget - Most Read - Used in articles
63537 2016-11-28 13:23:01Z Profiles by Clare de Lore
AdvertModule - Advert - M-Rec / Halfpage
63931 12/2/2016 2:15:23 PM
63882 2016-12-01 15:19:51Z Urbanism by Chris Barton Read more
63868 2016-12-01 14:44:38Z World by Joanne Black Read more