The Friday quiz, 23.11.12by Toby Manhire
None of the answers is David.
1. Lawyers for Lord McAlpine, who was wrongly accused of being a paedophile recently, have sent a letter to the hundreds of Twitter users who libelled him. Most are being asked to make a small donation to charity, but those who have more than how many followers are expected to face a steeper claim for damages?
2. This man is on a bus in which city?
3. What new record did this photo, from November 7, set?
4. Who cracked a turkey-and-statistics-based joke this week, saying, “Once again, Nate Silver completely nailed it. The guy’s amazing. He predicted these guys would win.”
5. “With the stir-crazy hacks piling into the free alcohol and wondering how they would get a story, it was perhaps inevitable that they would start chanting, 'Just one quote!', while one of them stripped naked and streaked through the plane.” That describes just one part of events aboard a promotional junket for which singer?
A N S W E R S
2. Melbourne. He unleashed a torrent of racial abuse that was captured on video and posted online, attracting hundreds of thousands of views.
3. The most retweeted (or shared, or liked) photograph of all time. It’s currently sitting at about 818,000 retweets.
4. Barack Obama.
As a result of growing concern over the welfare of pugs, British and French bulldogs, Trade Me has announced they're banning the sale of these breeds.Read more
NZ has an unregulated puppy-breeding industry where unscrupulous operators can flourish, so why aren’t we following the lead of overseas governments?Read more
Politicians from at home and abroad are reaching out to offer congratulations to the Prime Minister mum-to-be.Read more
New Zealand’s newly minted PM and bizarrely cool and normal lady Jacinda Ardern has announced that she and partner Clarke Gayford are expecting a babyRead more