The Friday quiz, 26.10.12by Toby Manhire
1. In this missing-word question, identify the missing word:
2. Who called one interviewer a “jackass” and said to another his line of questioning warranted a response of “getting up and smashing your face in”?
3. What is the name of the Hobbit “mockbuster” that Warner Bros lawyers want changed?
4. Apple now owns the registered trademark for which famous logo?
5. Who described his habitat as “a little bit like living in a space station because there is no natural light and you’ve got to make all your own stuff, you can’t go out to the shops”.
A N S W E R S
2. Conrad Black, the disgraced former newspaper mogul.
3. Age of the Hobbits.
4. Apple – the Beatles’ record label.
5. Julian Assange.
Formal complaint numbers hit 917 last year, a near doubling from 2012, as calls mount for an independent investigation body to monitor them.Read more
With the solo-mum-to-Cabinet humblebrag getting old, and not enough attention paid to her portfolios, the Deputy PM is now a liability for National.Read more
The Accusation has sparse and simple stories of ordinary people caught up in North Korea’s regime.Read more
Experts are starting to rethink the causes of rheumatic fever.Read more
Aucklander-gone-countryman Greg Dixon fulfills his lifelong obsession: owning a ride-on mower.Read more
“Just because it’s viral, doesn’t mean it should be broadcast as news.”Read more