The Friday quiz, 26.10.12by Toby Manhire
1. In this missing-word question, identify the missing word:
2. Who called one interviewer a “jackass” and said to another his line of questioning warranted a response of “getting up and smashing your face in”?
3. What is the name of the Hobbit “mockbuster” that Warner Bros lawyers want changed?
4. Apple now owns the registered trademark for which famous logo?
5. Who described his habitat as “a little bit like living in a space station because there is no natural light and you’ve got to make all your own stuff, you can’t go out to the shops”.
A N S W E R S
2. Conrad Black, the disgraced former newspaper mogul.
3. Age of the Hobbits.
4. Apple – the Beatles’ record label.
5. Julian Assange.
A three-course meal inside prison walls proves a rewarding experience for food columnist Lauraine Jacobs.Read more
A court reporter who's covered both of Mark Lundy's High Court trials looks at how the case has evolved, as the Court of Appeal deliberates his fate.Read more
In 25 years of law practice, Mai Chen has helped many women – very often senior employees – who have suffered from sexual harassment.Read more
As odd as it sounds, China’s economic policy is being held hostage by its heavily skewed sex ratio.Read more
A new literary biography takes the measure of poet Allen Curnow, whose work helped define New Zealand’s voice.Read more
As a reality-TV show full of dramatic challenges, this new Labour-led Government has a lot going for it.Read more