The Friday quiz, 26.10.12by Toby Manhire
1. In this missing-word question, identify the missing word:
2. Who called one interviewer a “jackass” and said to another his line of questioning warranted a response of “getting up and smashing your face in”?
3. What is the name of the Hobbit “mockbuster” that Warner Bros lawyers want changed?
4. Apple now owns the registered trademark for which famous logo?
5. Who described his habitat as “a little bit like living in a space station because there is no natural light and you’ve got to make all your own stuff, you can’t go out to the shops”.
A N S W E R S
2. Conrad Black, the disgraced former newspaper mogul.
3. Age of the Hobbits.
4. Apple – the Beatles’ record label.
5. Julian Assange.
Growing up immersed in waiata (and the sounds of Bob Marley and Elvis Presley), soul singer Teeks has a voice that gives people shivers.Read more
Wellington’s CentrePort’s “marathon” quake rebuild is led by a chief executive who has lived through the experience before.Read more
We don't want any David Cunliffe cod-bogan attempts to get down with the peeps, but MPs seem to be going way too far in the other direction this year.Read more
Dame Jenny Shipley on being the first woman Prime Minister, plus coups and coalitions, welfare reform and Winston Peters.Read more