The Friday quiz, 30.11.12by Toby Manhire
Angry Australians deleting things.
1. Which Australian deleted a tweet this week in which he questioned the appointment of a female sport journalist, snorting, “Why does the smh get a girl to write about rugby?”
2. Which Australian deleted a tweet this week in which he described a fellow MP as a “narcissistic bimbo”?
3. How many emails did Bill Clinton send when president, as revealed in a speech he delivered the other day?
4. Which Chinese newspaper reported the award of the title “Sexiest Man Alive for the year 2012” to North Korean supreme leader Kim Jong-un, apparently unaware that the source was the satirical publication The Onion?
5. Popular American broadcaster Glenn Beck has reopened bidding on a charity artwork featuring an Obama bobblehead doll surrounded in what substance?
A N S W E R S
1. David Campese.
2. Steve Gibbons.
4. The People’s Daily. It quoted the following endorsement from The Onion: “With his devastatingly handsome, round face, his boyish charm, and his strong, sturdy frame, this Pyongyang-bred heartthrob is every woman's dream come true. Blessed with an air of power that masks an unmistakable cute, cuddly side, Kim made this newspaper's editorial board swoon with his impeccable fashion sense, chic short hairstyle, and, of course, that famous smile.”
5. His urine. Well, not really his urine, but yellow liquid that looks like urine. You get the point if you get the, you now, gist.
The New Zealand International Film Festival is back for another year and Metro's David Larsen is in his happy place.Read more
It’s astonishing just how many well-educated, presumably semi-intelligent New Zealanders subscribe to and try to spread this kind of nonsense.Read more
1.5 billion plastic bags are used here each year and on average it takes just 12 minutes before a bag enters the waste stream.Read more
How to holiday like a local in the Naki.Read more