10 things that you know are true but make no senseby Toby Manhire
Reddit users offer examples of facts they “accept intellectually, but still feel ‘wrong’”.
A thread at Reddit asks this of users: “What fact do you accept intellectually, but still feels ‘wrong’ to you?” The discussion exploded, attracting more than 23,000 comments.
Among them are these ...
1. The placebo effect.
2. That when I eat food, it's going to eventually be transformed into my body. It will become me, literally. I am made of what I've eaten. Bones, skin, joints, hair, nails...it's all dinners and breakfast cereal transformed.
3. Dinosaurs. Just dinosaurs in general.
4. Pretty much everything about quantum physics ... In most articles I read you can replace the words “quantum physics” with “magical unicorn power” and it would still make as much sense.
5. That physical objects are mostly empty space, but atomic forces make them feel solid.
6. That I'm going to die one day. Eventually... my body will just stop working and there is nothing I can do about it.
7. You can get from North Korea to Finland by going through one country.
8. Nothing before the big bang, Stephen Hawking said asking what was before is like asking whats north of the north pole. The philosopher in me doesn't like it.
9. That if you don't have a kid, you're the first one since your ancestral line started to not reproduce.
10. How Wednesday is spelled.
MostReadArticlesCollectionWidget - Most Read - Used in articles
65831 2017-01-11 16:05:11Z Health by Nicky Pellegrino
65592 2017-01-09 09:46:16Z Education by The Conversation
65251 2016-12-21 14:57:39Z Urbanism by Alice Harbourne
AdvertModule - Advert - M-Rec / Halfpage
66214 1/20/2017 3:16:05 PM
65525 1/20/2017 12:00:00 AM
66159 2017-01-19 09:16:27Z World by The Conversation Read more
65731 2017-01-19 00:00:00Z Social issues by Jenny Nicholls Read more
66153 2017-01-18 15:45:17Z Economy by RNZ Read more