Church billboards: 10 of the funniestby Toby Manhire
Signs from God that raise a laugh - and/or spark a row.
(Warning, some will find a few of these offensive.)
1. From Alta Vista Baptist Church, Texas, via Says-it:
2. This is from an Auckland campaign a few years ago:
3. From Clays Mill church in Kentucky, via Christian Funny Pictures:
4. At last someone to challenge Mark Zuckerberg, via Says-it:
5. The Gosford Anglican Church, Australia, via Gay Star News:
6. Retrospectively amusing, at least.
7. St-Matthew-in-the-City, Auckland, pitches in to the gay marriage debate:
8. This, also from St Matthew’s, did not amuse everyone – and was slashed by Catholic protesters.
9. And another seriously risque effort at St-Matthew-in-the-City was taken down after a similar attack:
10. From St John’s in Ontario, Canada, via Reddit: “Jesus had two dads and he turned out just fine.”
Officials warn the cost could blow out "considerably" if the plan encourages more mothers not to name their baby's father.Read more
The government is vowing to cut the amount of waste New Zealanders create, which is estimated to be among the highest in the developed world.Read more
The Catholic Church is disappointed a Government inquiry into state abuse of children may not expand to include faith-based institutions.Read more
The relatively young Australian Attorney-General Christian Porter has a track record in law and order that unsettles many.Read more
For his documentary That Sugar Film, Damon Gameau consumed 40 teaspoons of the sweet stuff a day.Read more