Church billboards: 10 of the funniestby Toby Manhire
Signs from God that raise a laugh - and/or spark a row.
(Warning, some will find a few of these offensive.)
1. From Alta Vista Baptist Church, Texas, via Says-it:
2. This is from an Auckland campaign a few years ago:
3. From Clays Mill church in Kentucky, via Christian Funny Pictures:
4. At last someone to challenge Mark Zuckerberg, via Says-it:
5. The Gosford Anglican Church, Australia, via Gay Star News:
6. Retrospectively amusing, at least.
7. St-Matthew-in-the-City, Auckland, pitches in to the gay marriage debate:
8. This, also from St Matthew’s, did not amuse everyone – and was slashed by Catholic protesters.
9. And another seriously risque effort at St-Matthew-in-the-City was taken down after a similar attack:
10. From St John’s in Ontario, Canada, via Reddit: “Jesus had two dads and he turned out just fine.”
Formal complaint numbers hit 917 last year, a near doubling from 2012, as calls mount for an independent investigation body to monitor them.Read more
With the solo-mum-to-Cabinet humblebrag getting old, and not enough attention paid to her portfolios, the Deputy PM is now a liability for National.Read more
The Accusation has sparse and simple stories of ordinary people caught up in North Korea’s regime.Read more
Experts are starting to rethink the causes of rheumatic fever.Read more
Aucklander-gone-countryman Greg Dixon fulfills his lifelong obsession: owning a ride-on mower.Read more
“Just because it’s viral, doesn’t mean it should be broadcast as news.”Read more