Church billboards: 10 of the funniestby Toby Manhire
Signs from God that raise a laugh - and/or spark a row.
(Warning, some will find a few of these offensive.)
1. From Alta Vista Baptist Church, Texas, via Says-it:
2. This is from an Auckland campaign a few years ago:
3. From Clays Mill church in Kentucky, via Christian Funny Pictures:
4. At last someone to challenge Mark Zuckerberg, via Says-it:
5. The Gosford Anglican Church, Australia, via Gay Star News:
6. Retrospectively amusing, at least.
7. St-Matthew-in-the-City, Auckland, pitches in to the gay marriage debate:
8. This, also from St Matthew’s, did not amuse everyone – and was slashed by Catholic protesters.
9. And another seriously risque effort at St-Matthew-in-the-City was taken down after a similar attack:
10. From St John’s in Ontario, Canada, via Reddit: “Jesus had two dads and he turned out just fine.”
Why firefighters get the girl more often than the average bloke does.Read more
Two cows and a calf grabbed international headlines after the Kaikoura earthquake, and the story of their rescue is now the subject of a new book.Read more
There is so much to the Bolger years. The first MMP government with Winston Peters, the economic growth of the mid-90s, and the birth of Te Papa.Read more