Summer on the radioby Toby Manhire
An evocative inhouse ad at Radio Live.
The ad is not unusual in its construction – a voiceover, some hosts’ remarks, some newsreader announcements, spliced together. But what a story it tells. It needed to be written down.
I went back and listened again. It goes like this (each new line indicates a new voice):
- This summer, you'll find entertaining talk, and news as it happens, right here, 24/7.
- I’m happy if I’ve got a project. You know, if I’ve got something so sort of get into, something that’s taking me forward, or what have you.
- And just to hand, police investigating the homicide ...
- Do we really have to be perfect and try and reach our potential? Can’t we just cruise?
- A mountain-runner was found battered and bruised ...
- Night-time talk.
- That the name of her company comes from some old belief that when a woman pleasures herself, God kills a little kitten.
- A scene examination has been carried out after a Bay of Plenty stabbing ...
- Radio Live - for this summer’s most entertaining news and talk, as it happens.
We don't want any David Cunliffe cod-bogan attempts to get down with the peeps, but MPs seem to be going way too far in the other direction this year.Read more
Dame Jenny Shipley on being the first woman Prime Minister, plus coups and coalitions, welfare reform and Winston Peters.Read more
McLaren is the definitive tale of New Zealander Bruce McLaren, who created a motor racing empire from his shed.Read more
Should schools be selling chocolate to raise funds? The Health Minister says it's ok, but nutrition experts disagree.Read more