Summer on the radioby Toby Manhire
An evocative inhouse ad at Radio Live.
The ad is not unusual in its construction – a voiceover, some hosts’ remarks, some newsreader announcements, spliced together. But what a story it tells. It needed to be written down.
I went back and listened again. It goes like this (each new line indicates a new voice):
- This summer, you'll find entertaining talk, and news as it happens, right here, 24/7.
- I’m happy if I’ve got a project. You know, if I’ve got something so sort of get into, something that’s taking me forward, or what have you.
- And just to hand, police investigating the homicide ...
- Do we really have to be perfect and try and reach our potential? Can’t we just cruise?
- A mountain-runner was found battered and bruised ...
- Night-time talk.
- That the name of her company comes from some old belief that when a woman pleasures herself, God kills a little kitten.
- A scene examination has been carried out after a Bay of Plenty stabbing ...
- Radio Live - for this summer’s most entertaining news and talk, as it happens.
Why firefighters get the girl more often than the average bloke does.Read more
Two cows and a calf grabbed international headlines after the Kaikoura earthquake, and the story of their rescue is now the subject of a new book.Read more
There is so much to the Bolger years. The first MMP government with Winston Peters, the economic growth of the mid-90s, and the birth of Te Papa.Read more